Cementing, Zonal Isolation, P&A
In this session we consider the integrity of the zonal isolation outside of the casing string, primarily for the purposes or permanent abandonment. In the first presentation we look at the impact of creeping formations on the bond integrity and how this can be characterised with ultra-sonic bond logs. In particular we also consider how the swelling shale can be used as a barrier and how to measure the integrity of this barrier.
We follow this with testing of the use of hardware recovered from old wells to verify the bond log characterisation. Finally looking forward how new methods can be developed and testing in a new facility purpose built for the characterisation of the permanent isolation techniques.
Site Sort Order
- 0800-0830208679Cement Expansion in Cased Hole Environments: A Novel Laboratory Testing and Evaluation Method with Successful Field Implementation
- 0830-0900208782Annular Creep Barrier Evaluation and Qualification Using Ultrasonic Measurements
- 0900-0930208685Methodology To Use the Cement Bond Quality Classification Matrix as Input for Leakage Rates Assessment
- 0930-1000208699Construction of a Reference Well To Support the Qualification of Cement Evaluation Logging Tools and Data Processing
- 208719Status of Meltable Plug Technology Applications in the Drilling Process